Sunday, October 5, 2008

No Doubt

First post for Mr. Teson. It's Tim's fault if this post isn't up to par. I just wanted to share a story about my travels thus far. This past Friday I was running errands around Kansas City getting some last minute things for Africa when I got a call from a nervous Tim. After talking we both were pretty apprehensive about our travels and started having our doubts. With those thoughts in mind I headed to the bus station to catch a bus from Kansas City to St. Louis. As I was standing in line waiting to board the bus I leaned over to ask an old lady behind me a question about the bus system. After a brief conversation she asked me why I was heading to St. Louis. I explained that I was meeting a friend and we would be journeying to Uganda. "Wow, I just came from Africa!" She replied. She explained that she had been in Africa for 3 months doing mission work and had just returned a month ago. She also talked about a christian organization she is involved with and one thing they do is to pray every morning for missionaries. While she was talking about this I just sat there in awe. Here I was questioning why we were traveling to Africa, and I felt like Christ had sent this lady to easy our nerves and totally assure us he has a plan. After talking for 6 hours on the bus I felt like I had known Brenda my whole life. We went our own ways. I might not ever see Brenda again but will always remember our meeting.

-Chris

3 comments:

Mom and Dad Teson said...

Chris,
Incredilbe story--it eases my mind and worries to hear about your meeting Brenda and Tim's comment about St. Francis being the patron of missionaries! We are anxious to hear more about your journey!! Love, Mom and Dad

Joanna said...

That's an incredible story. I'm so excited for you guys!

katie wells said...

chris and Tim-
Michael and I are so happy you made it to Africa safely! Our first of many prayers have been answered. Chris we are all so proud of you and miss you like crazy! Keep up the great work over there and keep posting! We love you and enjoy reading the posts!
Katie & Michael