Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We Are Here!

WE HAVE MADE IT! I am currently in Masaka at an internet cafe. We spent last night outside of Kampala, and woke up today and are driving to the parish that we will be staying. To be completely honest I am still very overwhelmed. Seeing this country and these people first hand is just a lot to take and it's hard to not question whether or not I am prepared to handle this trip. I trust in the Lord and I know He will see us through. I'm so thankful that we have made it safely. I think I'll be able to get internet about once a week, hopefully more. Right now it's 12:10 in the afternoon here and about 4:09 am in the States. I miss everyone already, and it is a wierd feeling to be this far away from anything that I know. Also the countryside is very pretty, very green and lots of trees. Traveling by car will definitely take some getting used to, there are traffic rules but virtually no one at all follows them. It's a miracle that we have not been in any accidents yet, or that I haven't seen anyone get hit by a car. Also there are thousands of people on motorcycles, everywhere you look there are motorcycles. Anyway I just wanted to touch base and give everyone a quick update that we made it and that we will be leaving momentarily to go to the parish, which is just outside Masaka. Love and Peace.

-Tim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did your cell phone explode?!

Meg said...

tim, come on now. that's not what your mom and dad want to hear! don't you mean that the roads are extremely safe and that it's amazing how careful everyone is over there?!

Mike said...

do they put cheese on everything? (swedish accent)

Chuck and Linda, Michelle's 'rents said...

You seem to be on another planet, I'm sure it feels that way. Our team at work is keeping you in our daily prayers. I suspect another rude awakening once you get out to the village and parish area. God has awesome plans for you two, and he is well pleased. I am sure you will make some amazing friends in the people you will live with and help each day. love,

addisonSTG said...

Michelle:
also- ps, i've been feeling really guilty for all my little amenities...food, bed, comfort

Addison:
Calm down!

Addison:
Tim WANTS to be in Africa, eating dirt, sleeping on rocks, wearing loin clothes, and participating in indigenous dance.